You Are Needed
As the new and the only Wisconsin chapter of the national nonprofit Parents for Public Schools, we stand together as parent advocates for every child in MPS. You are needed to
- Act proactively on behalf of all MPS students.
- Work with the MPS Board of Directors, administration, teachers and staff to make our schools stronger.
- Act as passionate, committed owners of public schools, rather than passive consumers.
- Hold policymakers accountable to ensure adequate and equitable school funding.
- Recruit and retain MPS families.
PPS-MKE organizes district-wide to engage, mobilize, and educate parents. Your voice is needed, and there are many ways to use you can use it to support high-quality, well-funded public education in Milwaukee:
- Sign up for our email list so that we can keep you in the PPS-MKE loop. (Add link)
- Complete our advocacy postcard. It takes just a moment and is an easy first-step to learning more about how education-funding reform can better serve Milwaukee’s children.
- Attend a meeting or join a committee. Our five key committees: Communications, Development, Membership, Policy and Programming. Committees meet monthly.
- Invite PPS-MKE to your school. We’ll tell you more about PPS-MKE; you tell us more about what your school needs to succeed.
- Tell us what you think PPS-MKE should be working on for the 2013-14 school year. We’re seeking ideas of priorities and policies to support in the months ahead.